Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Front Porch Under Way


 The front porch is really taking shape. The roof is going on!







I'm not sure what my husband promised these guys, but they showed up with fishing poles.


  





"You want me to go up where?" 
 Ron's just not a friend of the ladder







Just keepin' it legal









There is just something about a guy in a tool belt.  My, oh my I could watch them work all day.





Here is what our landscape architect Jason thought the porch would look like.  He has such a great sense of style, so I can't understand why he made the house brown.  Jason, a farmhouse is always white, no exceptions, ever..........ever.  Well maybe there are exceptions but this one is going to stay white.








I'm thinking the reality is even better than the concept drawing.  We decided to expand the idea and go with a wrap around.






Looking back at the before pic, I can't believe how lonely the front used to look.  I love how it's coming together and also that most of the plastic rock is gone forever from the front.






I just can't wait to be sitting here drinking lemonaid and shooing flies.





Hurry it up guys!!






Sharing at Laurie Anna's Vintage Home Garden Party

11 comments:

  1. My husband accuses me of being a construction crew groupie!

    I think one of the happiest times in my house's life was when the construction guys (and good friends of ours) were building our first floor family room! There I was 7 months pregnant pushing a giant cart loaded with skylights ... those were the days!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it is really coming together! It's going to look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Michele, we need all the encouragement we can get.

      Delete
  3. I can just see flower baskets hanging from it with bright red geraniums....a wrap around porch...the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch is going to be so lovely. I'm sure you can't wait till it's done and you get to decorate it.
    It sure gives the home personality. I came over from LaurieAnna's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you are itching to get it done. It is going to be awesome, beautiful and a perfect place to sit all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is looking great! Love the photo of your feet up! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting!

    hope you'll visit and follow soon!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lynn - i've spent the evening reading your entire blog --- i love what you've done to your house & completely LOVE the front porch!!!! now i REALLY wish you lived closer!!!! can't wait to see more of the remodel or projects you do!

    ReplyDelete