Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kitchen Remodel Continued...

 If you missed it you can find the kitchen tear out here and the sink area makeover here.






Sharing the after pictures is always the best part of any project, don't ya think?

































Just a shot to show the photographer's track lights and the ceramic light over the table.










Oh, and I've really got to tell you about that picture of Betsy Ross in that background some time.  She has a pretty interesting story for another day



To really appreciate these after pics you've got to see the before.  Sorry I have to show you this but you just wouldn't understand otherwise.  










....do you think your ready?    











.....ok scroll down but just give it a quick look or you might turn to stone or something.








Hey! I warned you they were bad.



There is the lonely old stove after all the cabinets where taken out.  It's gone now too and I haven't lost a one minute of sleep over it.



I think this 110 year old kitchen has been just about every color scheme at one time.  Believe it or not under the yellow and pink were several more layers of wallpaper from just about every era.







    


OK here's just one last look at the dramatic change.....



Before








After



It's so nice to get back to the future....hope I won't be time traveling back to that old kitchen any time soon!



Sharing at.....

The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday
Between Naps on the Porch  Met. Monday
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

15 comments:

  1. What a transformation! I just love those cabinets. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! For Home Depot stock size cabinets I think they are a pretty good fit.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! It is so sweet and country-farm now! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you made my day! That's exactly what I was going for.

      Delete
  3. What a marvelous remodel! I'll take your kitchen/dining room anytime! And love the pineapple centerpiece. So fab! Thanks for visiting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your new kitchen is gorgeous! We did a total two years ago of ours and I'm still in awe when I look at it! Fab transformation! Thanks for your visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word, you did a marvelous job on the kitchen. Certainly looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Our kitchens have a lot in common...good taste!
    Our home was built in 1909. It's wonderful to live in an old home, isn't it.
    The staircase looks glorious. And the front porch re-do is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and true farmhouse with the modern touches. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing to see what's lurking underneath when you start a renovation? Truly fabulous transformation! Love the subway tile backsplash, I'm thinking of doing that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! What a transformation. I especially love the big subway tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this transformation - job well done! So beautiful, bright and fresh! I am your newest follower - please visit my blog and say hello. I love to make new bloggy friends. Follow me back if you would like to keep in touch :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job!! I enjoy your website keep up the great blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job! That was some awful wallpaper they had going on. What's the baby blanket in the doorway for? Love your new cabinets, were they white or did you paint them too? I bought stock home depot cabinets for my reno 2 years ago but I bought wood cause I knew I would one day want to paint them. and now I want to paint them...

    Love your new kitchen. I so love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blanket was just something the renters had up for some reason? Glad you like the transformation.

      Delete