Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Front Porch Pillows


I put together a few pillows for the (still under construction) front porch in this tutorial.



But I'm pretty impatient and I just had to take them out and see how they are going to look.  You can step out on the porch with me but you're going to need a good imagination and the ability to squint a little to see how it's all going to go together.  



I'm liking what these pillow add but there is still a long way to go out here.  My husband and his buddies have been working pretty hard to add the decking and roof.  I can't believe that the porch addition has been by far my most popular post.  Must be something about guys in toolbelts? You can check out the guys....I mean porch addition here.





This is where things are now.  The old siding is off.  Have you ever wondered what is under your siding?  Trust me you probably don't want to know.  All I can tell you is there is a colony of homeless hornets out there who are not too happy about this!!



















If the rustic ripped-off  siding look, plastic chairs and milk box front step aren't your thing now is the time to use your imagination.



Imagine white board and batten siding....





Planking under the eaves in Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue....














Some comfy wicker seating in black with my new pillows of course....




Maybe an old bench....



...and of course what country porch is complete without an old appliance???



I've got an idea to turn the old stove into a planter that I think will be pretty cool...



But I am totally in love with the lights on LaurieAnn's front porch in fact the sign, the bench, table etc. etc.  If anybody ever figures out how to do a porch transplant I guarantee I will find a way to get to the top of the recipient list!


You can check out this amazing post on her blog here.

Ok do you have all those details swimming around in your imagination, now here comes the squinting part...  do you think you can make it all materialize when you look at my porch?







Hmmmm I couldn't do it either.  Ho-boy I think I'm going to need a bigger wreath until we get this mess fixed.

Wait a minute, where did everybody go?  Oh I see, you're all over on LaurieAnna's porch aren't you?  Well I don't blame you a bit but check back in a couple weeks and there will be no imagining or squinting required.



.....and thanks to those who made it this far


....both of you!






5 comments:

  1. Lisha @ 1house1coupleMay 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM

    you're hilarious Lynn! I love those porch pillows! :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn, it is going to be to die for when it is finished! I love the new pillows. Yes, a man and his tools is pretty darn sexy. lol! I wonder if they ask, "Does this tool bet make my butt look big?" My friend has an old stove like that planted on her front porch. It is darn cute. I love planting unusual things. That's what I have been doing today. At my house, it it's old and holds dirt it's probably getting planted. LaurAnn's porch is gorg. Looking forward to seeing yours completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrea@townandprairieMay 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

    Your porch is going to be fabulous! I love a remodel that transforms the WHOLE home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolateMay 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

    I love this so much! The colors are perfect together and it's in just the right spot! I wish my husband would get on board with painting a floor! I'm FBing and I'm so glad you linked it up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say that I want your front door :)

    I totally can visualize your front porch and cant wait until if all comes together so you can sit out there with your feet up enjoying a cup of coffee/or coco if your like me and do not like coffee. Or maybe lemonade

    Misty in WV

    ReplyDelete