Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lacy Parmesan Cups

Here is my friend Kathy's recipe for those spectacular parmesan cups she served at this luncheon.

Take it away Kathy.....





Lacy Parmesan Cups


8 oz shredded parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup for each cup makes 6
1/2 cup pecans chopped
sea salt

Place cheese on an unsprayed untreated cookie sheet in a square about 5X5" sprinkle nuts around a circle avoiding the center so it won't have a nut lump to make it wobble. Sprinkle with a little salt and place in 350 oven for 6 minutes. 

(This is me attempting to follow directions, ok make a square pat it down, got it...)




When it sizzles and is melted, it is ready. Wait for the cheese to puff up on the tips of the edges. Don't wait for the whole square to puff because it will be crispy and won't sag around the glass.



(Hmmm should I take it out yet?  I hope it will have enough sag)







(I waited for the edges to puff up but I didn't wait long quite long enough about another minute would have done it I think.)

When it sizzles and is melted, it is ready. Wait for the cheese to puff up on the tips of the edges. Don't wait for the whole square to puff because it will be crispy and won't sag around the glass.


(Whew, I made it to the glasses but a little too much sag and not enough crispy.)


(Mine kind of turned into parmesan patties after I took them off the glasses  but I think it would have worked perfectly if I had just followed directions and left them in for a full 6 minutes.)


With 2 spatulas, loosen all edges, let it cool one minute then quickly scoop up and drape over the bottom of a glass that is tall enough for the points of the square to hang down straight. Leave it to cool for a half hour or so and it should be stiff enough to stand upright on its own. I made these the night before. Overdone ones are great to break up in a green salad.
( I got the original recipe from a Gathering of Friends cookbook. ) 



I got Mozzarella cheese balls with herbs in oil and drained them then added a pint of grape tomatoes and ripped up a few fresh basil leaves to stir in. This is all there was to it.






Thanks Kathy, I will definitely be trying this one again!




Enjoy!




-Lynn




Sharing here...


At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Stone Gable for On the Menu Monday

4 comments:

  1. I love this and have got to try it! I might just want to eat all the cups without anything in them though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I want to have one right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lacy parm cups look delicious~ I look forward to trying them :)

    ReplyDelete