Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shrimp Salad


I introduced you to Kathy and the unbelievably fancy luncheon she hosted here.   But there was more than just a pretty table going on.  The food was fun to look at too and oh so yummy!   Believe me there is nothing small about this shrimp salad. Here is her recipe.  






Shrimp Salad
2 lbs cooked medium shrimp with tails off
2 lbs rotinni pasta cooked to al dente in salted water
2 lbs sugar peas cut ends off, drop in boiling water and take out immediately and cool in colander with ice water, drain
2 red peppers sliced in bite size



Dressing
1/2 cup oil
1/3 c wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
2T fresh grated ginger
1/4t salt 

Put in blender for 1 minute. Only dress it just before serving. Grate fresh pepper over it as a garnish. 





This whole party was so pretty.  If you've got a minute check it out. 

Enjoy!


-Lynn


5 comments:

  1. Ok, that looks delicious & I don't even like shrimp! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn- I can't eat shrimp but my husband would LOVE this. Thanks..it looks delicious! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I wanted to tell you....you won my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, love shrimp and that looks wonderful! Going to sign up to follow you. Love your "olio" comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so good. I might make that tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete