Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unexpected Elegance

I love a good surprise but I was absolutely stunned when I walked through the front door of my friend Kathy's log home.  I never expected to find such a beautifully set table in a rustic cabin. 


It was Kathy's turn to host the monthly get together with her best girlfriends and these girls know how to party in style!  























I hardly knew where to start exploring, every where I looked I found unexpected touches.  Some rustic some refined.  



















Yes that is a turquoise purse she used for the centerpiece, a perfect girlfriendy idea! 




A darling flock of blue birds was nesting all around the room.  

















This beautiful antique salt and pepper shaker might have been my very favorite table element.  



Kathy has a way of making a room feel unexpectedly elegant and cozy at the same time.  All of these beautiful details  are sure to make each guest feel warm, welcome and pampered for an afternoon.   



Just a few finishing touches.....

























 ...and its time for the guests to arrive.  




On the menu today is a colorful assortment of fresh fruit.....

...some yummy muffins....

......a fresh shrimp and pasta salad......


....and these spectacular lacy parmesan baskets!


...and last but not least a birthday cake for a very special guest.  


























Are you thinking what I am thinking?  If you are thinking that I should grab my camera and click up this entire elegant log cabin for you to see then you are thinking what I am thinking.  Watch for the series "Log Cabin Love" coming to a blog near you, right here at UpCountry Olio.

........and I'll see what I can do to wrestle those recipes from Kathy too!







  




















Thank you Kathy for letting us peek in on your amazing luncheon!






-Lynn


PS:  Have you hugged a girlfriend today??




Sharing with....


The Style Sisters
A Stroll Through Life   for Tabletop Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style  for Wow us Wednesdays
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Have a Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursday
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous. What a caring friend to go to such efforts for you. You are blessed. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous table! I love turquoise & red together...they make such a great color combination. The food looks delicious! I bet everyone had a wonderful time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn- Wow-You are right- totally unexpected sweet elegance in a log home. I always think of them as being purely rustic. She did a wonderful job there. Don't you LOVE the purse? I can't wait to see more of her sweet hone. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing surprise. I love all of the details!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend makes a lovely table. What a gracious hostess she must be. That cake looks awesome! Oh, but I like a nice cake. I'm your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. susan@avintagefarmwifeMay 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

    My goodness! What a nice party! Love the idea of a purse as a centerpiece. Glad you had a fun time and I will be looking forward to that series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful party! I love the idea of using the purse as the centerpiece!! Thank You for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Lynn, this is truly a table set for a queen! Love everything about it. The purse was such a cute idea. The bluebird plate stole my heart and yes, the S&P are mighty fine! Love the baskets! Tomatoes and mozzarella, yum one of my favorites. Thanks so much for sharing this with Share Your Cup. Can't wait for the sequel!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)May 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM

    Everything is totally unreal. That purse is such a fabulous idea. I totally love everything. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharing ShadymontMay 19, 2012 at 8:49 AM

    What a wonderful visit to your friend's home! She is truly talented. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin from highpointcircle.blogspotMay 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM

    Another great "house tour". I want to be your friend and come to these monthly get togethers! Nice thing about blogging...you can share your friends houses with us. Thanks again. I am going to be your follower, for sure now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures and I really like the bag with flowers.

    Hugs from Sweden
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is perfectly charming! What a lovely way to spend time with friends. I am stopping by to visit you from Marty's blog. I am glad she told me about you. I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping over from A Stroll Thru Life to visit. Wow! What a fun luncheon that must have been. Your friend really has a talent for creating a fun setting. Looking forward to the tour you will be posting soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from a Stroll through Life. Love your blog! I am your newest follower. By the way, on your icebox post, I have the same icebox and it has a great story too. I posted about it in April. Check it out if you have a chance. I glued fabric onto the inside of it and I can easily remove it and go back to,the galvanized look if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I'm visiting from Marty's place. Your blog is beautiful and so is your friend's lovely party setting. I'm a new follower so if you can stop by and see me sometime.

    hugs

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how pretty!! I especially love the pretzels in the teapot...so cute! I'm visiting from The Tablescaper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just came over from Marty's. This is Fabulous! Love every detail. I will be a new follower. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynn, thank you for sharing Kathy's elegant party. Love the shots with the reflections in the mirror. They are stunning! I look forward to seeing more of Kathy's log home and trying some of her recipes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful table. So many details that give it the "wow' factor. Visiting from SS and am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Visiting from A Stroll Through Life. Wonderful log cabin and absolutely beautiful table top! Can't wait to see more and get those recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a friend and what a party. How wonderful the party looks and the tablescape is just beautiful. I love all the attention to detail she has done. I would love to be sitting at the table and just taking it all in. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is so pretty! I just love that beautiful tablecloth and all the special details. I want a piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my what a pretty log home, do I spot some toile in there also? Please do a feature on this home, it looks divine and lovely and noone seems to do photostories on log homes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for bringing this wonderful post to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  26. Delightful, impressive, very elegant. Wish I could have attended. Food looks wonderful and great pics of all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Hello!! You had me at the purse!! So creative and fun I can't stand it! All the fun touches are just so original and fun! I love it all!

    Thank you for linking up to Centerpiece Wednesday and sharing all this eye candy with us!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, this is Kathy whose house you enjoyed. My friend Teena and I have a Vintage Market that Lisa said she would so kindly shoot and post for you. We have a site with a few photos because we would rather paint and display than take the shots. It is at ghvintagemarket.blogspot.com. Look for more fun pieces here.

    ReplyDelete