Monday, June 18, 2012

Simple Star Napkin Ring

Are you one of those savers that hangs on to tiny pieces of fabric?  You are just certain that  a project will come along that will be the perfect use of all those teensy-weensy scraps?  You live in fear that if you throw them out you will be kicking yourself at some point?  Me too!  Well here it is, the project you knew would come along.  




It's the super simple star napkin ring. So if you have thrown out your tiny scraps now would be the time to kick yourself. So sorry to bring it up and don't kick yourself too hard.




 BUT if you still have those useless bits and pieces...good for you!  Here is a fun way to use them up.


1-  Start out by cutting the scraps into 3" squares.  Just let the edges fray. Then arrange three pieces in a pinwheel so that all corners are showing.  Pin.


2 -Find a button that is a little larger than the ribbon you want to tie the napkin bundle with.


3 - Use the button in your buttonhole foot to create two side-by-side buttonholes in the center of the pinwheel.


4-  Cut open the buttonholes and thread a piece of 9" ribbon through the buttonholes.



Roll up your utensils in a napkin and tie.  Finish with a piece of twine.  You could leave it at this but if you are someone (like me) who can't leave well enough alone, you could also tie on one of these.



I found these patriotic stars at Pier One and it's a simple matter to add one on with the twine. 



But if you still think it needs a little something how about one of these cute printables from The Letter 4?  In honor of her 1 year blogging anniversary Jamie is making a very cute collection of patriotic printables available.  All the printables in this post are from The Letter 4 collection!  


Still not done decking this thing out?  How about a sparkly giggly thing in the top to make it look like a firecracker?



Whoa, stop...there is a point at which enough is enough and it is before you get here.  Just take out the sparkle deal put the napkin down and walk away slowly.  It's good enough, really!  



I put together a dozen of these in a basket for our party on the 4th.



Made a banner from The Letter 4 printables.  I can really pledge allegiance to this (tiny, adorable printable) flag!



....and we are all ready for the fireworks to start!


Enjoy today!

Debbiedoos for The Newbie Party
Cedarhill Ranch for Cowgirl Up Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style  for Wow us Wednesdays
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Have a Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursday
The Brambleberry Cottage Time Travel Thursday

Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special








17 comments:

  1. Such a great idea and they turned out so cute! I just so happen to have those Pier 1 stars too. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lynn, I love it!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable...great idea :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very clever ideas and you'll be all ready for the 4th. Celebrations here will be on July 1st, Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! I am one of those savers! Hanging on to every little piece of fabric that is left! Waiting for the perfect project to use it! Great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn,

    Hahahahaha :) I am the opposite. I always throw the scraps out and then I always wish I had them....for a perfect project like this :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you used this this is so awesome!!! Sharing on our facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with the letter 4 printable's and your own creativity is incredible! Love your scrappy napkins holders! Thanks so much for the fun ideas! Julie (the letter 4's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just hate it when you clean out and throw out and then regret it? I'm glad you like my photo montages. I have fun creating them with the photos I take (often in my yard).

    ReplyDelete
  10. O so sweet naptkin rings. Darling.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynn! What a very cute idea! You always think outside the box and I love that. thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, and might I add very patriotic ;)
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynn this is such a patriotic pop of color. I really like these napkin rings! They would look so pretty on any 4th of July table. Thanks for joining TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynn, I am featuring a few Americana posts on Share Your Cup today. Even though I featured you last week I thought these were too cute to not share.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your napking rings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete