Friday, September 21, 2012

Lamp Shade Charm

When last we left this lamp shade, tutorial here, there was a dilemma brewing......



.....what to do with the screw closure at the top. 
 Do I hide it in the back or make a feature of it? 


As you will see, the mystery has been unlocked.  It has become a key feature of the shade. 
 (Oh, how do I come up with this stuff??  and why??)


The old key chain I had hanging around the house seems to have found a perfect home and the funny screw closure has a purpose.  



So there you have it, the dilemma solved and the lamp shade complete with it's own little lamp shade charm.  

I wish I could say that I was done with the chicken wire/poultry netting thing but I'm afraid I've got bad news.  I'm already working on an aviator themed shade and I've got some ideas for some girly stuff too.  If I'm not careful I'll probably be the one locked up.  You'll all think I've gone pollo loco.... and you'd be right.

Have a beautiful autumn day!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is adorable!~ Could you email me when you get a chance?
    micmanno@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why you are so darn clever! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, I love your blog and I am a new follower. I was featured with you on Friday's Welcome Wagon, so I just had to check out your blog. Love your style, The lampshade and charm shows such imagination and creativity! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever idea...LOVE this shade and the keys!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The keys are brilliant! Love the way it turned out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the look of this lampshade, Lynn! Very creative and one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete