Monday, September 24, 2012

Three Amigos

It was with great anticipation that I awaited the arrival of amigo #3.  The final addition to my front porch pillow pile.




Amigo #1 had been created on a lazy summer afternoon when I hadn't felt like doing much.  The super cinchy bandana pillow took it's place on the front porch that day.


Amigo #2 was a loving gift from my dear friend Kathy.  She and Teena run the super successful Vintage Market furniture shop in an old milk barn.  Kathy had run across a rusty coffee can tucked away in an old foundation.   It had been stashed with neatly washed and folded 10 lb. sugar sacks that some farmer's wife had likely put away thinking they just may come in handy... 


...and handy they are.  Kathy has fashioned them into all kinds of wonderful things. 

 
 Some left over quilt batting and twine at the top were all it took to create Amigo #2.








 But I was beyond excited when the box arrived brining the final Amigo to complete my pillow trifecta.



For months I had  been drooling all over the pillows in Linda's Etsy shop.  I finally gave in to their drop cloth perfection and ordered my very own custom made lumbar pillow.




It was so fun to open up the box with its little paint chip tag.  


And I have to say that I am completely smitten with these adorable rosettes.



The pillow patiently waited on my desk for it's big front porch debut.


The amigos are together at last, playing nicely on my front porch lounge.  


An all I can hope is that we have a few more days of front porch weather around here.


Because it won't be long before the three amigos will be taking up residence inside.

Have a pillowy day!

PS:  This is not a sponsored post.  I just really love the Drop Cloth Design pillow collection and Linda's blog it all started with paint too. 

 (But bless you if you even though my blog was big enough for sponsored posts)

The post is making its way to ... 




16 comments:

  1. Your pillows are lovely--they have so much country charm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three pillows are so cute, they look perfect on your porch! I'd love spending time out there! I have to check out the shop!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great pillow! Love the packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too Lynne! Linda does fantastic work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillows look great on your porch!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillows are wonderful! I love the sugar bag one! I so want to try my hand at some pillows. Thanks for inspiring me! Stopping by via Debbiedoo's.
    http://www.the-finishing-touches.net/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty on your porch. I love pillows, and your new lumbar pillow is especially great. I'll have to check out her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each one is fabulous! Can you imagine finding a can filled with old sugar sacks!! Lord I would probably have a heart attack before I got to use them!! Your front porch is perfect!! I am off to look at the drop cloth designs, thank you for dropping by!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. The three amigos are so pretty! Amigo #3 is shouting Ole' to me. I think he really likes me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to be a part of the three amigos! I'm just loving my new-found pillowy friends ... and so happy that you are so happy with your lumbar "w" ...

    :)

    Linda

    And thanks so much for the many shout outs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi--Me again. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just recently brought back out that tablecloth you liked. I made that from a bedskirt. It is one of my most popular posts.:)

    http://loveofwhite.blogspot.com/2012/02/making-ruffled-bedskirt-tablecloth.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you named the pillows. Fun to read, and to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really LOVE your pillows! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fun pillows. I love the stuffed grain sack that's tied on top.

    ReplyDelete