Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fun Size?

Really?

I mean really, who are they trying to kid with that"Fun Size" label?


If you ask me the fun size is a Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds the size of an iPad!


Now that would be a "Fun Size".


Since we usually get just a handful of trick-or-treaters I decided to throw together a bunch of "fun size" treats in a cute bag this year. 

I've had some Halloween pencils, erasers, stickers and confetti filled pumpkins (sorry moms) hanging around that I added to the mix.  


I had a great time putting them together.

I cut some muslin into 5" x 7" pieces and stitched around three sides.  A casing was added at the top for a drawstring.

Then I found some fun iron on designs to print on transfer paper here.

But stop by our house first tonight.  

They are in limited supply.  

Although if I run out I'm not one to turn you away empty handed.

I've got lots of stuff in the pantry,  just don't be surprised if you get a cup of elbow macaroni dumped in your bag if you stop by after 9 pm.  

If you're lucky you could get a box of jello, fun size of course.


If you've followed my blog this October you've made it through some pretty scary posts.  

Like the this



and this



and this.  

Just to prove that I'm not completely creepy, I thought I'd show you my uber cute, ultra friendly ghosts that will greet the trick-or-treaters in the entry.  


They were made my super talented Mother-in-Law.  

I just love 'em!




Nobody, I mean nobody does Halloween like her.

I'm just kicking myself that I didn't stop by and get some pictures of her amazing Halloween decor for you. 


But the good news is, she does a pretty incredible Christmas too,

and I won't let you miss out on that!



Wishing you a bigger than fun size Halloween!







11 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lynn, What a fabulous idea to create bags which are filled with goodies. The children who visit your home will be thrilled to receive one of these bags. I adore your mother-in-law's friendly ghosts....much more my style! Have fun tonight. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I love those treat bags. I am with you on the fun sized bars. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- How I wish I could stop by your house for trick or treats! I love those little bags of goodies- they are perfect. Those cute little spooks are darling and I can't wait to see what your mil does for Christmas- Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinking adorable!!! I am craving candy (which I never have!) and am trying to figure out how to get some PB cups (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh...fun size!!! I was thinking the same exact thing when I was sneaking into the Halloween candy. One bag even said "Only 40 calories per pack"! That's "fun" to know.

    I love the little bags!! We have so many kids coming I would have had to start sewing last year. I like to add pencils and spider rings to my candy but couldn't find any this year. :(

    Have a spooky night!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I was trick or treating at your house! I love those bags!!

    I do believe that "fun size" has gotten alot smaller since we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bags are darling. I guess I missed them. Darn!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trick or treaters are lucky to get such special bags!

    I heard on the radio today how long it takes to work off the calories from just one fun size candy bar. I better get hoppin' cause I need to run 379 miles to wear off what I ate tonight.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are soooo cute! I can't believe you made those bags... wow! My girls are the only trick or treaters around here... we have a neighbor who puts special bags together for them and it's always so fun! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bags are TOO cute! What a sweet idea, I can just see the kids dumping out their bags and going straight for that, very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Serious! That is NO fun.
    I like your idea much better! ;)

    ReplyDelete