Friday, October 12, 2012

Good Things Come in Threes...


...or so the saying goes.  



So what do a  pair of lamps,...



jewelry holder... 






and a floor lamp... 



...all have in common??

They were part of my recent bedroom makeover.

All it took was the waving of a magic spray paint wand (and a little scrap of fabric) to transform these three mismatched items...
...into a perfectly harmonized TRIO!  



It took one coat of primer on the lamp, glass and all, 

and two light coats of the yellow spray paint.  


The fabric was cut exactly to size and put on with spray adhesive.  

The trim was added with a glue gun to hide the fabric edges.  



It really was as easy as 1,2,3!

(Well actually just 1,2  as in paint, glue)


Alternatively I could have titled this post,


 "How Far Can You Push One Can of Spray Paint"?



Next up was the jewelry holder which got two coats of spray paint.  

Oh it was cute before, but dare I say she looks even more perky in the yellow?



The floor lamp got a spray paint job too.  

It was originally painted white (think polar bear in a clorox bath, too white). 


 It was repainted with a more subtle cream color.

The shade was added in the same fabric as the table lamps.  I cut the pieces into trapezoid shapes and stitched together.  Then the raw edges were turned under and glued to the existing shade.



(I'm not really sure if trapezoid is the correct name for this shape.  You should probably go ask a 5th grader if you want to know for sure.)



So, no more calling these three the good, the bad, and the ugly.

No, no please meet 
Ready,


Willing.....



...and Able!



I think they go together better than snap, crackle and pop.  

And now I'm about done with the triple word plays except to say

I've completely fallen for the joy of spray paint...

I've fallen hook, line and sinker!


Link to the how-to here.




PS:  Uh, oh, I just went to link up to the spray paint party and realized it was supposed to be Fall Themed.  

Give me a sec I can fix that.


Now there's a lamp with a past, present and future

I'm back in!!

Also sharing at...Cozy Little House




19 comments:

  1. I love that jewelry holder! Lov the changes - you have such a good eye for decorating and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! They look adorable! It's unbelievable how your lampshade turned out. The pattern lines are matching - so professional looking! Better than store bought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great makeovers! The yellow is such a fun pop of color. I did laugh about the fall themed photo... love it! Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Fall post! :). I've never tried spray paint but you make it sound easy. Pretty fabric that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Lynn, What a transformation. When I saw the first set of photos I thought, they look nice, but when I saw the transformation, I thought they looked fabulous. I love the fabric on the lamp. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynn, How very nice !! You sure know how to save. The transformation is great. Love your work. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great project - love the use of yellow. Thanks so much for joining the party - oh and you cracked me up with the fall part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by!! This is a gorgeous project and I can't believe you did this with Spray Paint!

      Delete
  8. Clever! I don't think I have yet glued fabric to a lamp, but now it is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! That table lamp took on a completely new look- Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, Lynn. Love how fresh they all look sportin' their yellow paint. Yes, yes, I do believe madame jewelry holder looks perkier in yellow. :) I thought you had painted the lamps with the design - love how you were able to glue the fabric on! Fantastic redo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These three pieces look amazing! Great job on the transformations, love them!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi lynn! i love what you've done in the bedroom -- and guess what?? your blue & white flowered curtains match the sheets on my bed!!! how funny!!!!

    have a terrific weekend - get lots done. i'm gonna start a new pallet project. found FIVE on the side of the road today!!!! i'm a happy girl!! can't wait to post 'em on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Lynn! LOVE those pops of color!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very fun post! I had no idea the design on the bedside table lamps was fabric. I thought you had stenciled or painted it. It all looks fabulous. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so with you on the spray paint. You can transform almost anything.

    Love the lamps and colour.

    Christy
    Lil Bit Brit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic makeovers. I love the jewelry holder and it looks so cute painted that pretty yellow. Great lamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Love the touch of fall! You are too funny my friend. And those transformations are A-MAZE-ING!

    I'm so happy you shared your uber-fabulous inspiration at our spray paint link party!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. You probably still have some spray paint left! It goes a long way. Love all your projects especially the lamp that you put fabric onto the base. Love that idea (and yellow is one of my favorite colors)!

    ReplyDelete