Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'd Turn Back If I Were You!

No, I really would.


This is not going to be Halloween cute!




No smiling pumpkins or giggling ghosts...no adorable princess costumes or little boys dressed up as robots.  There will definitely be no candy!

If the slithery, crawly side of Halloween bothers you at all...


TURN BACK NOW!  

It may be your last chance.  


It all started innocently enough.  

My front porch hanging baskets had frozen, they looked pretty bad.

I knew that if only I tried hard enough I could make them look worse,  a lot worse.


A can of spray paint later the entire season changed.  

The dollar store snakes completely infested my baskets.  



The summertime basket liner was sprayed black along with some added hanging moss.

It seemed to make the snakes feel more at home.


 Some sinister looking roses sprouted almost immediately!  

The roses were also from the dollar store but in a  pretty summertime color.  I took care of that too,  with the black spray paint.  



So now my friend, it is far to late to turn back!  You have make it all the way to the end of this horrible transformation. 

 You have been forever changed!




Because never again will you look at your summertime hanging baskets with quite the same innocent eyes. 

Now you will always be slightly afraid there could be a few snakes lurking in your baskets.  Oh you will never reach in and test the soil by hand and you will never, ever be able to  walk underneath one for the rest of your life.   

Hey, you were warned!

Have a slithery day!












I'm snaking this post over to Debbiedoos 

Linking up to the spray paint party too!

You can vote for your favorite spray paint projects.  You might want to check out #27 and #84,  just sayin'.  

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special






17 comments:

  1. You would have me run screaming if I came up to your house and looked above me! It's Halloween perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother-in-law is so scared of snakes that she won't even allow the kids to have plastic ones in the house! Hmm..... maybe I need one of those for my front porch! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snakes in the baskets--looks perfectly spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creepy! You are too creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you can get any creepier than this. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fun idea - a little bit of elegance mixed with a whole lot of spooky! Thanks so much for sharing at out link party. Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I love it, of course I would:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm cracking up! What a perfect solution for all my dead plants!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny...That is a clever idea. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scarry yes! Adorable and unique as well. Love what you did with a dying plant, Lynn. So cute! xo's Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the basket! I think I have a dead plant or two waiting to become something scary like this! Great idea.

    Found your site from the Newbie party. I am now following your blog and facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for the hanging baskets!! but snakes, even play ones, can't handle!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynn
    I love tis basket
    saludos desde Chile
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me laugh and cringe at the same time! I NEVER would have thought of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my! when i saw the 1st picture, i thought, "those wires look like snakes" my NEXT thought was "THEY ARE SNAKES!!!" ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! you'll not catch me on your porch!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! Those snakes look so real. Did I ever tell you that a snake lives under my front porch? Every now and then I spy him or a shedded skin. YUK! Now I will forever think there is a snake in my hanging baskets. Must admit, wickedly creative!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete