Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hanging on to Summer

Ahhhh, those last days of summer......

I'm savoring each and every one. 

 
This has been the first summer to really enjoy our new front porch addition.



Without all the sawdust,
    and blue tape and paint brushes
           and dangling wires during the construction phase.



There were some old favorites on the porch this summer.

Like my red lounge chair, where I idled many an hour away......



...and an new favorite.  Our version of the headboard bench.  

Only this one was made from some old bunk bed frames that I picked up at the thrift store and pallet wood my husband brought home from work.  


It was a cozy spot for the bandana pillow, one of last summer's projects.  

 Oh, I am so hoping for a few more porch sittin', doin' nothin' kinda days.

But the signs of fall are all around.

It's about time to cut back the fading daisies, and roll up the hoses.....



 ...and take down the red, white and blue banners that have been hanging on the porch since 
Memorial Day.

What are you doing to enjoy that last few days of summer??





7 comments:

  1. Lynn- I would want to enjoy that beautiful porch as long as I could, too. I am just not ready for Fall this year in spite of the heat and humidity. It feels like we got cheated out of summer here somehow. LOVE your porch- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new porch is just beautiful! I love my wrap around porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The porch looks great! I love the way you hung the bunting.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so welcoming!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to idle away many hours on that porch too! Lets home for a lovely Indian Summer ...

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, LOVE your porch!!! I miss mine, and my 3 decks!!! We are just having our new deck and patio started, and hoping to be able to enjoy it for awhile. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all so pretty, Lynn. RED just pops against white. I've seen some of the old wood heaters used as planters - now I want one!

    ReplyDelete