Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Vintage Halloween

For as long as I can remember,

these characters have been putting the SCARY in my Halloween...





The story is my mother purchased them the year I was born 1963.

That makes them 50-years-old, and I think they have earned the title of vintage.

(Does that make me vintage too??? Scary thought)



Those gnarled old hand have been stirring that pot forever! 


I always felt a little better if the hall light was on when I had to walk by the goblin hiding in the tree.


Those bats never seem to tire of flying around and causing trouble.


Of course you never knew when this ghost would pop out and say BOO!!

The years have taken a bit of a toll on these old fellows.  A few of the tree branches have broken, and there are a few casualties from the days of Scotch Tape.

Even though today's Blue Tape is pretty safe, I hung these decorations on my chicken wire chalk board with some cute paper clips.

 I hope that will make them last another generation.


So, from all of us to all of you.....


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!



8 comments:

  1. I love those, and what a great story to go with them!
    Aren't vintage die cut decorations the BEST?
    And such a GREAT way to display them.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see you here, Lynn! I love your "vintage" decorations. We don't turn vintage ourselves until at least EIGHTY! lol I have something similar that I "saved. There is that no glare contact paper -not super sticky like the old stuff. Anyway, I laid the things down on a piece of that with the good side up-so the contact paper just stuck to the back. Then I cut around them. It stabilized the things and kept them for deteriorating any further. Just a thought- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! What a great keepsake, and I love the way you displayed them on the chickenwire board.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, You should laminate all of that...so it will last many more yours. If you are vintage, you are the best kind of vintage. :):) I love that your mom bought that when you were born. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you've kept them all these years. The way you've displayed them is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great!
    Hope you are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! They are so cute on the chicken wire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!
    I love those vintage decorations.
    When I was growing up, in the 70's, one of our neighbors had a cardboard witch cutout on their front door.
    She was mean looking... crooked nose, with a wart and all.
    I would LOVE to find one of those witches for my house :)

    ReplyDelete